doterra lemongrass essential oil 15ml
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
- Add a few drops of Lemongrass essential oil to your daily cleanser or moisturizer to help tone and purify skin.
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply for a massage after a hard workout.
- Rub or spritz on skin before going outside for a natural bug repellent.
- Diffuse to overpower feelings of nervousness and eliminate mental fatigue.
- Blends well with Basil, Cardamom, or Spearmint.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage.
- Promotes positive outlook and heighten awareness.
- The aldehydes in Lemongrass essential oil makes it useful for naturally repelling insects.
Citrus, herbaceous, smoky
Collection MethodSteam distillation
Main Chemical ConstituentsGeranial, neral